Why choose a short break in Yorkshire with Dalesend Cottages? Here’s why! Our usual arrival time is 4pm and regular departure time is on or before, 10am. At Dalesend Cottages we want to offer you, wherever possible, the opportunity to arrive from 2pm – and if we can juggle the times on cleaning day, you can check out at 11am or if we are in the low demand season, maybe even later…
Our midweek short breaks in Yorkshire are the best value.
We also offer our chef-prepared Weetons of Harrogate Delicatessen dine-in meals for those of you who are travelling late after work on arrival day and want to find something in your fridge to eat!
Don’t delay – start looking forward to your short break in the Yorkshire dales staying in a luxury self-catering holiday cottage.
We accept short breaks all-year round, during July and August, and unlike most cottage agency booking websites .
Happy short stay
See you soon,
Short break booking notes T&C
We welcome short break bookings to be made with us all year round, even during high season (the months of July, August) and around Christmas and Easter weeks. All short break prices are listed on the arrival date you choose. Select your cottage and date of stay and number of nights (2.3,4) on our prices and availability page.
Earlier arrival times for short break bookings
As earlier arrival is at our discretion, (see below points 3-6)) we would appreciate a request with your booking, so that we we can plan for this to avoid disappointment. The reasons that an earlier arrival/late departure may not be possible are set out below. Please be mindful that – unless we are absolutely certain that your cottage can be made available earlier, we ask you to accept our final confirmation on your arrival day to ensure we are able to prepare (or even repair if something arises) your cottage for your stay. Where you request an earlier arrival, it is your responsibility to contact us on the day around 12 noon, to find out how your cottage preparation is progressing. All earlier arrival requests to mean that your cottage does not have the usual airing time between back to back bookings (we have 6 hours) to refresh your cottage interior.
Important terms and conditions for booking an earlier arrival or later departure for a Dalesend Cottage.
- An earlier arrival time (from 2pm onwards) on arrival day applies to short-break bookings only, and requests should be made to Dalesend Cottages no later than 2 weeks prior to your arrival day. For online bookings you can make the request on the booking form where it asks you to write any booking notes.
- If you are unable to give us 2 weeks’ notice because you have made a last-minute booking within 14 days of the arrival date, please telephone or email us to ask, and we will let you know if this is possible. We will do our best to accommodate these earlier arrival requests whenever asked.
- If we have to refuse your earlier arrival or later departure time, it may because we need the usual time to service the cottage ready for your arrival, or our cleaners were unable to arrive later than our planned 10am schedule.
- In the case of Dalesend Cottages having reason to carry out urgent repairs or amendments to any booked cottage, the arrival time will revert to 4pm on arrival day, even if a booked earlier arrival time has been agreed. Dalesend Cottages will always advise short break guests if there is a problem with their arrival time prior to the agreed time.
- Where an earlier arrival time for a cottage has been allowed and you have added a hot tub booking, please note the following important information: Where a hot tub has been added to the cottage short break booking we may not be able to service the hot tub until the 4pm usual arrival time but we will endeavour to. We will advise you if you can access your hot tub booking at the same time as your earlier arrival time.
- We do reserve the right to refuse extra time requests for the above reasons, or another one that is inconvenient for ourselves.