Dalesend Cottages Covid19 plans. Ensuring your safety whilst you stay with us.
We have implemented COVID safe-stay hygienic practices and have created digital communications to ensure your personal safety from arrival to departure.
A new arrival day process for your safety.
Your ‘meet and greet’ service, once provided in person, will now be offered digitally by email: information about your cottage and equipment, local food shops, and places of interest around your Dalesend Cottage.
Your arrival time cannot be before 5pm due to our increased hygiene measures for your safe stay.
Safe-stay features include: coded key safe doors, private on-site parking, all cottages have separate entrance doors with hand sanitizers to be used before entering the cottages. Two cottages use one exterior door into a lobby and the separate doors are spaced apart. We have a new arrival time of 5 pm onwards so that we can take extra interior cleaning time, and ensure surfaces are well-cleaned and the cottage well-aired. Your bed sheets, bath towels, tea towels, etc, are laundered at 90c by a professional laundry.
CANCELLATION PROTECTION for new bookings has cancellation protection provided by Master Cancel. Every booking includes the following points:
Bookings are now risk-free with Master Cancel for bookings placed online here from 1st August 2020 with a start date 3rd August 2020 onwards – any date!
– You can get a refund for any reason, including COVID 19 – apart from war, terrorism, nuclear radiation, or radioactive contamination.
– Cancel within 60 days and up to 2 days of arrival
– Cancel by email, no need to give a reason or provide any proof for the cancellation
– A refund will be processed to the guest who made the booking, and to the card linked to the booking, in approximately 14 working days from receipt of the email confirming the cancellation of your booking.
You receive the refund payment on the check-out day of your booked holiday.
For more information see our cottage stay general terms and conditions here
WHAT IS MASTER CANCEL?
Master Cancel is cancellation protection that is applied to every new booking through Dalesend Cottages from 1 August 2020 for holidays with arrival dates from 3rd August 2020. If you need to cancel your holiday, for any reason, within 60 days and 2 days of the arrival date you will receive a full refund of the accommodation costs you have paid. For example, if your expected arrival day was a Friday, you could cancel on the preceding Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (up to 17.00 hours GMT – office hours) on Wednesday but not on Thursday or Friday (the booked arrival cottage date).
IF I CANCEL WITHIN 60 DAYS AND 2 DAYS OF ARRIVAL HOW MUCH WILL I RECEIVE AS A REFUND?
You will receive 100% of the accommodation costs you pay, minus your booking fee which is £20.00
HOW DO I CANCEL MY BOOKING?
You must email email@example.com before the close of business (we state this as 17.00 hours GMT ) 2 days before the arrival date of your holiday. The booking reference must be included in the email.
You do not need to give us any reason for canceling or provide any proof, just an email stating that you wish to cancel is sufficient.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CANCEL MY BOOKING BEFORE 60 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL OR WITHIN 2 DAYS OF ARRIVAL?
Master Cancel only offers refunds for cancellations made within 60 days of arrival up to 2 days before the holiday arrival date. Cancellations made outside of this time frame are not eligible for a refund. Only if we are able to re-let the property will we refund your monies paid to us. If the dates are re-let, we will refund all monies paid by you for the rental less any difference between the total price you paid or would have paid for the rental and the price paid by the replacement guest and less our administration fee of £42 and less booking fees of £20 which are non-refundable. If you have only paid a deposit you will not be asked to pay the remaining balance.
Master cancel protection only covers the cancellation of your holiday rental within 60 days and 2 days of arrival. It does not cover any other element of the holiday. We recommend, as usual, that you take out regular holiday insurance to cover any other potential losses that may be incurred.
HOW SOON WILL I RECEIVE MY MASTER CANCEL REFUND?
We aim to process all refunds back into the account used to pay for the holiday within 14 working days where possible.
IS CANCELLING DUE TO COVID 19 INCLUDED?
Yes, cancellation for any reason is covered by Master Cancel provided you cancel within 60 to 2 days prior to arrival.
ARE THERE ANY EXCEPTIONS TO MASTER CANCEL?
Yes, Master Cancel does not cover cancellations as a result of war, terrorism, nuclear radiation, or radioactive contamination.
We are available to answer any questions or concerns you have, please feel free to get in touch, you can choose how to contact us here
Book direct with the owners in confidence.
You can speak to us before you book 07833 231 348 – we will answer your questions in person.
COVID19 has affected our booking policy. Please see below.
- A booking placed online from 1st August 2020 onwards, is protected by Master Cancel. Master Cancel allows you to cancel your booking for any reason (excluding cancellation as a result of war, terrorism, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination) from 60 days to 2 days prior to arrival for a full refund of the accommodation costs you have paid. For example, if your expected arrival day was a Friday, you could cancel on the preceding Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (you must cancel by 17.00 GMT on that Wednesday) but you may not cancel and be refunded if you write or notify us from any time onwards/ Thursday or Friday (your booked arrival date of arrival). The booking fee of £20 (included in the booking price) is non-refundable.
- Master Cancel allows you to cancel and gain a refund if you need to cancel as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak, as long as you cancel your holiday within 60 days and up to 2 days before arrival and before 17.00 hours on the 2 days before your arrival date.
- There is no additional charge for Master Cancel protection, it is included in the advertised price for your Dalesend Cottage.
- To cancel your booking you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17.00 hours GMT on 2 days before arrival. If it is received after this time, for whatever reason, no refund will be possible.
- A refund will be processed to the guest who made the booking, and to the card linked to the booking, the process is begun when you send us the email confirming the cancellation of your booking.
- Cancellations made 61 days (or more) prior to arrival or within 2 days or on the date of expected arrival are not covered by Master Cancel. Only cancellations confirmed in writing within the 60 days and 2 days before the arrival period are accepted. You must make this cancellation by 17.00 hours GMT on that 2 days before.
- If you cancel outside of 60 days or within 2 days of arrival you will only receive a refund if your holiday dates are re-let. If the dates are re-let, we will refund all monies paid by you for the rental less any difference between the total price you paid or would have paid for the rental and the price paid by the replacement guest and less our administration fee of £42 and less booking fees of £20 which are non-refundable. If you have only paid a deposit you will not be asked to pay the remaining balance.
- Master Cancel protection only covers the cancellation of your holiday rental within 60 days and 2 days of arrival. It does not cover any aspect of your stay at Dalesend Cottages. We recommend, as usual, that you take out regular holiday insurance to cover any other potential losses that may be incurred.